|Senior Services, Inc.|
Meeting the needs of Older Adults and the Disabled in Southwest Michigan
|Home Page • FAQs • Contact Us • Getting Started • Map to Senior Services • Newsletter|
Our Programs and Services: Click on any of the programs or services listed below for more information. When you're ready to order services, click the "Order Services" button.
Information and Assessment Services:
Senior Services, Inc.
Working at Senior Services of Southwest Michigan is not “just a job”... It’s a way that all staff members can fulfill our Mission that hasn’t changed for more than 51 years: “To enhance and promote the independence and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities and those who care for them.”
With our wide variety of programs and services, our staff members have found long-term, fulfilling careers in their chosen field. We work hard to attract the right people to the right positions that can turn employment into opportunities for a lifetime. We offer a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits along with a great work environment. We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
- Waiver Program Registered Nurse – full-time -- This position provides nursing support and medical consultation for Medicaid Waiver enrolled clients; and, services through assessing, planning, linking, monitoring, advocating, and responding to emergencies. Position requires current state of Michigan Registered Nursing license, with a BSN preferred. One year of relevant work experience preferably with older adults and in-home service delivery required. Also required is personal transportation plus a current State of Michigan driver license in good standing. Good verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to work with older adults and adults with disabilities of a diverse cultural, social and economic background required.
- Friendship Center Coordinator – Substitute, part-time -- This position will be responsible for set-up, serving, and clean-up of lunch-time meals at a congregate senior meal site (Friendship Center). Our congregate sites also offer educational and/or recreational programs for our customers. Must be available to work during the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is the perfect job for someone looking to work only a few hours a week. Hospitality experience preferred to provide exceptional service to our guests.
- Driver – Kalamazoo County, part-time -- This position will provide transportation services to customers residing in Kalamazoo and the surrounding area for the Meals on Wheels program. Must possess excellent driving skills, have a good driving record, the ability to pass a Department of Motor Vehicles inquiry and, a current Michigan Driver license. Also must have the ability to adhere to an established schedule to ensure food is delivered on time. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Home Care Aide, part-time – Provides in-home care (personal care, homemaking, and/or respite care) for older adults and adults with disabilities. Previous in-home care experience preferred. Reliable personal transportation and a valid State of Michigan driver license required.
- Certified Nurse’s Aide, part-time – Performs personal care and homemaking tasks for homebound older adults in Kalamazoo County. Will assist customers with bathing, feeding, grooming and other daily living requirements. Serves as a link between the customer and the registered nurse. Current valid State of Michigan CENA certification required as well as reliable personal transportation and a valid State of Michigan driver license.
- Sous Chef/Kitchen Program Specialist - The Sous Chef/Kitchen Program Specialist is responsible for assisting with supervision of kitchen staff and the production of high quality, safe, timely, and cost-effective meals for seniors and catered clients. Will be responsible for the implementation and oversight of food production processes, including quality control, staff training, delivery coordination, food safety, equipment safety, and physical safety in the day to day operation of the kitchen. Will also be responsible for the planning, cooking and supervision of catered events. This position also works closely with the Executive Chef and Chef on issues related to menu development and implementation, process improvement and staff development.
Calhoun County Area:
- Food Service Worker, part-time - Will package, distribute and serve safe, appealing meals for senior nutrition program and catered clients. Assists with maintaining cleanliness and organization of the food service environment; and, assists with food production, set-up, service, and clean-up of catered events.
- Driver – Calhoun County, part-time -- This position will provide transportation services to customers residing in Kalamazoo and the surrounding area for the Meals on Wheels program. Must possess excellent driving skills, have a good driving record, the ability to pass a Department of Motor Vehicles inquiry and, a current Michigan Driver license. Also must have the ability to adhere to an established schedule to ensure food is delivered on time. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
If you are interested in being considered for these or future employment opportunities as a part of the Senior Services of Southwest Michigan team, please email us a letter of interest along with a copy of your current resume to: email@example.com. Or, stop by our office between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at: 918 Jasper Street, Kalamazoo, MI; or our Burnham Brook location between the hours of 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at: 200 W. Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek, MI. We accept applications every day, Monday through Friday.
Senior Services of Southwest Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes a diverse field of qualified candidates. This agency participates with E-Verify.
CLICK HERE to complete an on-line Employment Application form.
CLICK HERE to download a copy of our Employment Application form.
Senior Services is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and is a long standing member of the Kalamazoo County Chamber of Commerce. Senior Services is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau of West Michigan.
|Home • FAQs • Contact • Getting Started |
Website Design by Bob Littke