Working at Senior Services of Southwest Michigan is not “just a job”... It’s a way that all staff members can fulfill our Mission that hasn’t changed for more than 52 years: “To enhance and promote the independence and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities and those who care for them.”
With our wide variety of programs and services, our staff members have found long-term, fulfilling careers in their chosen field. We work hard to attract the right people to the right positions that can turn employment into opportunities for a lifetime. We offer a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits along with a great work environment. We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
- Home Care Aide, part-time – Provides in-home care (personal care, homemaking, and/or respite care) for older adults and adults with disabilities. Previous in-home care experience preferred. Reliable personal transportation and a valid State of Michigan driver license required.
- Certified Nurse’s Aide, part-time – Performs personal care and homemaking tasks for homebound older adults. Will assist customers with bathing, feeding, grooming and other daily living requirements. Serves as a link between the customer and the registered nurse. Current valid State of Michigan CENA certification required as well as reliable personal transportation and a valid State of Michigan driver license.
- Sous Chef/Kitchen Program Specialist – full-time - The Sous Chef/Kitchen Program Specialist is responsible for assisting with supervision of kitchen staff and the production of high quality, safe, timely, and cost-effective meals for seniors and catered clients. Will be responsible for the implementation and oversight of food production processes, including quality control, staff training, delivery coordination, food safety, equipment safety, and physical safety in the day to day operation of the kitchen. Will also be responsible for the planning, cooking and supervision of catered events. This position also works closely with the Executive Chef and Chef on issues related to menu development and implementation, process improvement and staff development.
- Home Repair Program Manager – full-time or part-time -- The Home Repair Program Manager assesses clients’ home repair needs to determine extensiveness of required rehabilitation, costs, necessary resources, and eligibility for service. Performs all functions related to home repair from locating sub-contractors, soliciting repair estimates, monitoring work and assessing completed work to obtain client satisfaction and a professional closure. Completes all daily and monthly reports such as activity logs, monthly benefit tables, and requisitions in a timely manner to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements and payment to sub-contractors. A current Michigan Builders License is required.
Calhoun County Area:
- Food Service Worker, part-time - Will package, distribute and serve safe, appealing meals for senior nutrition program and catered clients. Assists with maintaining cleanliness and organization of the food service environment; and, assists with food production, set-up, service, and clean-up of catered events.
- Friendship Center Coordinator, part-time - This position will be responsible for set-up, serving, and clean-up of lunch-time meals at a congregate senior meal site (Friendship Center) in Marshall, Michigan. Our congregate sites also offer educational and/or recreational programs for our customers. Must be available to work during the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is the perfect job for someone looking to work only a few hours a week. Hospitality experience preferred to provide exceptional service to our guests.
If you are interested in being considered for these or future employment opportunities as a part of the Senior Services of Southwest Michigan team, please email us a letter of interest along with a copy of your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, stop by our office between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at: 918 Jasper Street, Kalamazoo, MI; or our office at Kool Family Community Center, Meals on Wheels entrance, 200 W. Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek, MI between the hours of 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. We accept applications every day, Monday through Friday.
Senior Services of Southwest Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes a diverse field of qualified candidates. This agency participates with E-Verify.
CLICK HERE to complete an on-line Employment Application form.
CLICK HERE to download a copy of our Employment Application form.
Senior Services is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and is a long standing member of the Kalamazoo County Chamber of Commerce. Senior Services is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau of West Michigan.